How to register
1. Select the events/products you wish to register for (hover over the image then press the + button), then add them to the cart.
2. Apply any discount coupon you may have, then proceed to the Checkout page.
3. Enter your billing details, selecting ‘Company billing’ if applicable.
4. You may or may not have to pay VAT, depending on where you are, and whether you buy your ticket as an individual or as a business. More on VAT in a separate FAQ item.
5. Choose your method of payment: (a) bank transfer, (b) TransferWise, or (c) credit/debit card or Paypal. In case you choose (a) or (b), we offer a 5% discount, but these methods of payment are only available until 25 November 2020.
6. For (a) and (b) you will receive a pro forma invoice immediately with information on our bank account details. You will receive your invoice once your payment arrives on our bank account. For (c) you will receive your invoice immediately.
7. You will receive Zoom access details by email a day or two before the event. You will also receive other emails before and after the event.
All prices in euros
All prices are listed in euros. Obviously you can pay from your own bank account or your bank card no matter where you are based and what currency these are denominated in. Prices are displayed in euros also on the invoices.
For the first time in the history BP Translation Conferences, we offer special discounts for certain regions and certain countries, to make the event more accessible for a larger number of colleagues. This means for example that a person from Argentina will pay less than someone from the United States.
You will only see the prices available in your country.
We reserve the right to change the prices at any time without advance notice.
Workshops are not covered by the conference ticket, you’ll need to buy a separate ticket for these.
Use the ‘wsh’ discount code for a 30% discount off any workshop if you buy it together with your BP21 ticket or if you have bought it earlier
Terms and conditions
In exchange of you purchasing a ticket, BP Translation Conferences gives you access to all constituent sessions, which will take place on the Zoom platform. We are not responsible if any of the speakers fails to show up.
As an attendee you will also receive access to the session recordings (the exact details will be available later).
We reserve the right to cancel your attendance if you abuse the geographically defined pricing system.
Due to the brevity of time, no cancellations are accepted. If you cannot attend for any reason, you may transfer your ticket to someone else — in this case please send us an email, mentioning your order number and the beneficiary’s name, email address, and physical address.
No harassment is allowed in Zoom meetings, in private chats, or in the event app.
All about VAT
In most cases you’ll need to pay VAT on top of the net prices shown below. (27% Hungarian VAT — the company that organizes the event is registered in Hungary.)
You don’t need to pay VAT if
(i) you purchase as a company, you are based in an EU member state outside Hungary, and you have a valid European VAT number. (In this case you’ll need your VAT number WITHOUT the 2-letter country prefix); or
(ii) if you purchase as a company, and you are based ouside the European Union. In this case it’s your responsibility to make sure you’re eligible for VAT-free purchase according to your country’s regulations.
In both cases you’ll need to click on the ‘Company billing’ checkbox AND enter your company’s name. In some countries solo entrepreneurs are eligible for VAT-free purchases from abroad, so in this case enter your name and entrepreneur status in the Company name field.
VAT is calculated automatically based on your settings on this Checkout page.
Currently (18 November) when you select the ‘Company billing’ box, and you are located outside the EU, and you select payment by bank card / PayPal, VAT is not added to the total amount on the website – but it is added once you’re on PayPal’s page. We know about the issue, and currently working on fixing it. Sorry for the inconvenience.
We offer a number of discount codes you can use:
‘vid2’: 25% off any two video collections
‘vid3’: 40% off all video collections if buy all three of them
Students / faculty members: You’re eligible for a 40% discount off your conference ticket. Upload your documents here, and you’ll receive the discount code by email. You need to be a full-time student enrolled in the current academic year AND be under 30 years of age to be eligible. Recent graduates (graduated in 2020 or 2019) who are under 32 are eligible to a 20% discount.
IMPORTANT UPDATE (29 April)
We are experiencing some issues with our automated invoicing processes.
If you’re based in the European Union and you have a valid VAT number, the invoice will be generated correctly.
In any other case you’d better off with completing our Purchase request form below, and we’ll issue an invoice manually.
Hover over the product image, then click on the + button to add it to your cart. When you’re done with your selection, proceed to the Cart page.
If you have a VAT number, you’ll be able to enter it on the last page (Checkout).