Technical tips & tricks workshop
Sameh Ragab arrives from Cairo to share his wealth of practical knowledge with masterclass attendees. Expect a high-powered presentation with practical examples takes from real-world translation scenarios. Subjects include:
- Building your offline monolingual and bilingual corpora from available resources (with or without CAT tools integration)
- Regex practical examples and case studies (examples given will be distributed to attendees as part of the handouts).
- Enhancing Predictive Input Layers and Autosuggest mechanisms (tools, tips, and case studies)
- Audio Transcription – CAT tool integration (audio transcription redefined case study)
- Subtitling – CAT tool integration (subtitling redefined case study)
- The PDF Syndrome (newer approaches and advanced techniques to handling complex PDF files in relation with CAT tools)
- Productivity and Automation Tips and Tricks (many examples taken from complex projects and difficult translation requests).
- …and more if time allows
Attendees receive handouts and presentation slides
Tools and Terminology Management Expert, UN and World Bank Registered Translation Vendor, DTP specialist, and Certified Localizer. A renowned international speaker and trainer focusing on the technical side of translation, Sam has over 26 years of expertise in the translation and localization industry and sets the benchmarks for quality work, with a focus on Arabic and Middle Eastern translation, localization and DTP services. Moreover, Sam has an outstanding history in training translators and localizers to excel using latest Cat and Terminology Management tools. Sam has given workshops and conference talks in 14 countries and his hobbies include fishing, angling, snorkeling, scuba diving and swimming.
The masterclass will take place between 14:00 and 17:30 on Thursday, 4 May, 2017 at Hotel Aréna in Budapest (BP17 conference hotel). The exact room will be announced before the event, and will be signposted on the spot.
Early bird price of this masterclass is 65€ plus VAT if applicable. The first 10 tickets are available at this price.
The ticket includes snacks, refreshments, coffee/tea at the coffee break (15:30 – 16:00). Other masterclasses will have coffee breaks at the same time, allowing for some excellent pre-conference networking opportunities.
Tickets are available from our webshop – look for the same image as shown above. (Registration will open soon.)
Lunch is not included in the masterclass ticket, but it’s available at the hotel restaurant. The hotel recommended people who wish to have lunch on Thursday order it in advance. The reason is they’d need to cater to a large number of people in a short time frame.
The hotel will prepare three kinds of set menus: vegetarian, poultry, and beef. Specific meals will be announced later.
Each set menu includes soup + main course + dessert + one glass of non-alcoholic drink, and costs 22€ + VAT if applicable.
You will receive a little card at the conference registration desk to prove you pre-ordered a lunch, and you’ll need to present this card at the restaurant.
If you’re interested, please add this item in the webshop. After placing your order (with all the other conference items), you will receive a link to the registration form: at the bottom of this form there’s a free text field. Please indicate your menu choice in this field (i.e. vegetarian / poultry / beef).
In theory you can also order food à la carte, but during the break between masterclasses (12:30 – 14:00) the restaurant will be busy catering for people who pre-ordered their lunch.